Terms Of ServiceLast Modified: February 6, 2019
The website www.campuscandor.com (“Site”) is provided by Campus Candor, Inc, (“we,” “us” or “our”) to provide any services offered via the Site (collectively, the “Services”) to you (“User,” “Users” “you” or “your”). These Services include, but are not limited to, Services that allow college students to connect with resources and community to empower them to succeed and thrive in college and beyond.
- MODIFICATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- We may change, modify, add or remove portions of the Agreement (each, an “Update”) at any time and in our sole discretion without prior notice and each such Update will be effective immediately. If we make an Update, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. Your continued use of the Site will confirm your acceptance of the Update. We encourage you to frequently review this Agreement to ensure you understand the latest terms and conditions associated with use of the Site. If you do not agree to an Update, you must discontinue using the Site.
- OWNERSHIP; PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
- The Site, including all information and materials contained in the Site, is owned and operated by the Company or, to the extent expressly otherwise indicated in the Site, other parties. All content, images, illustrations, designs, names, products, services, icons, photographs, video clips, typefaces, source and object code, format, queries, algorithms, visual interfaces, HTML, information, graphics, design, look and feel, compilation and all other elements (whether written or otherwise) of the Site (collectively, the “Site Materials”), as well as their selection and arrangement, and all intellectual property and other rights relating to Site Materials, are protected by, as appropriate by United States copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international laws and conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. All Site Materials are the property of the Company or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by the Company under this Agreement, you agree not to directly or indirectly sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the Site Materials.
- User warrants to the Company that, and shall ensure that, User’s provision of any data provided through the Services, does not violate any intellectual property rights of any third party, and that the transfer of such data to the Company does not violate any applicable law, including privacy laws. Should such data violate such third party’s intellectual property rights, user shall indemnify the Company of any and all legal actions which may arise.
- You agree that any information provided by you through the Services will at all times be true, accurate, current and completed by you. You also agree that you will ensure that this information is kept accurate and up to date at all times.
- This Agreement shall remain effective until terminated by either party or until the expiration of the applicable license or subscription term.
- Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary herein, the Company shall at all times retain sole ownership of its original User Data. As between the parties, the Company owns and retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Services and all Resulting Data, including, without limitation, all data and information or compilations thereof resulting from the Company’s permitted use of the User Data including any and all intellectual property rights arising from and related to the foregoing, and further including all copies, portions and derivative works of any of the foregoing (by whomever created). There are no implied licenses granted by the Company under this Agreement.
- GUIDELINES; USAGE RULES; PROHIBITED CONDUCT AND USES.
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL ABIDE BY THE USAGE RULES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 3 (THE “GUIDELINES”). IN PARTICULAR, YOU WILL NOT:
- use the Site or any information displayed within the Site to stalk, harass, abuse, defame, threaten or defraud other Users, or collect, attempt to collect or store location or personal information about other Users;
- use the Site if you are under the age of eighteen (18) years old;
- use the Site for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law, including laws governing intellectual property or other proprietary rights, data security, privacy or import or export control;
- make unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or send junk mail, to other Users. This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures, surveying or requests to participate in surveys or studies;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely claim an affiliation with any person or entity, or access the Site accounts of other Users;
- misrepresent the source, identity or content of information transmitted via the Site;
- remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Site, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Site;
- intentionally interfere with or damage operation of the Site or any User’s enjoyment of them, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, worms, invalid data, keyloggers, spyware, Trojan horses, time bombs, or other malicious or harmful code, or imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- post, store, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, defamatory, libelous, offensive, obscene, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically or otherwise offensive to any group or individual, intentionally misleading, false, harmful to minors, or otherwise inappropriate, regardless of whether the information or material, or its dissemination, is unlawful;
- post, store, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material that infringes any patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, or any other proprietary or intellectual property rights;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any part of it, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, or any part of it, through hacking, password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site;
- hack, spam or phish the Company or any Users; or
- hold us responsible for your use of the Site.
- Please let us know about any inappropriate behavior that you become aware of within the Site. If you find something that violates these Guidelines or the Agreement otherwise, let us know by sending us an email to email@example.com. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you or anyone access to the Site without notice and without refund of any license fee which has been paid to Company.
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL ABIDE BY THE USAGE RULES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 3 (THE “GUIDELINES”). IN PARTICULAR, YOU WILL NOT:
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, BUT HAVE NO OBLIGATION, TO HAVE OUR SYSTEMS MONITOR ANY USER’S USE OF THE SITE. ACCORDINGLY, WE ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISABLE ANY USER’S USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SITE AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT REFUND OF ANY LICENSE FEE PAID FOR USE OF THE SERVICE.
- You alone are responsible for your involvement with other Users. You agree that we will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions.
- As part of the registration process, you may be asked to select a username and password. Only you are permitted to access our Services through your account. Without limiting the foregoing, you are fully responsible for your account, including use of the account by any third party, and maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may suspend your account at any time by suspending the account within your profile or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Site may include links to third party websites or services (“Third Party Websites”) as a convenience to Users. We do not endorse any Third Party Website or the information, material, products or services contained on other sites linked to, or accessible through, any Third Party Website. Furthermore, we make no express or implied warranties with regard to the information, material, products or services that are contained on or accessible through any Third Party Website. Access and use of any Third Party Website, including information, material, products and services on such Third Party Website or available through such Third Party Website is solely at your own risk. Further, if you do not agree to the applicable terms of service provided by one or more Third Party Websites, you may not be able to use those portions of the Services that depend on any Third Party Websites.
- You may not: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Site; (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Site to any third party or use the Site to provide time sharing or similar services for any third party; (iii) make any copy of the Site; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Site, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Site; or (v) delete the copyright and any other proprietary rights notice on the Site.
- You agree that the Company, as the result of a good faith belief that you have violated any of the terms and conditions of the Agreement, may suspend your use of the Site or any portion thereof at any time without compensation for any license fee paid to the Company. You agree that any suspension of your access to the Site you may have or portion thereof may be effected without prior notice and you agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any such suspension. During suspension and after termination of your access to the Site, you may still have access to certain functionality or services that do not depend on your access to the Site that are subject to agreements other than this Agreement. We do not permit copyright infringing activities on the Site and reserves the rights to terminate access to the Site and to remove all content submitted by any persons who are found to be infringers. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of the Site may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies we may have at law or in equity.
- THE SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE COMPANY, AND ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND PARTNERS, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
- THE COMPANY AND ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
- CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Company (and its affiliated companies and its and their respective contractors, employees, directors, officers, agents, suppliers, licensors and partners) harmless from any and all claims, suits, actions, losses, costs, damages, and any other liabilities, including attorneys’ fees, brought by a third party arising out of or related to: (i) your use or misuse of the Site generally; (ii) any violation of the rights of any other person or entity by you; (iii) any allegation, whether true or not, that any User’s User Data infringes upon or misappropriate the intellectual property or other proprietary right of a third party (iv) any breach or violation by you of the Guidelines or the Agreement otherwise. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WILL THE COMPANY (OR ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS OR BUSINESS PARTNERS) BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR A THE COMPANY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 10 WILL SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION OF THE AGREEMENT AND WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY SPECIFIED HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU OF THE COMPANY (AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS, COLLECTIVELY) FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED FIFTY ($50) U.S. DOLLARS.
- APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR STATE MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, YOU AGREE THAT THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR STATE.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE COMPANY HAS OFFERED THE SITE AND ENTERED INTO THE AGREEMENT IN RELIANCE UPON THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY AND THAT THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THE AGREEMENT FORM AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY. YOU ALSO RECOGNIZE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE COMPANY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE SITE TO YOU ON AN ECONOMICALLY REASONABLE BASIS WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
- JurisdictionExcept as provided in, and subject to, Section 12.3, you agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Site shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Durham, North Carolina, and you hereby consent and submit exclusively to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Nothing in this Agreement shall prevent the Company from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- If a dispute arises between you and the Company, our goal is to learn about and address your concerns and, if we are unable to do so to your satisfaction, to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. You agree that you will notify us about any dispute you have with the Company regarding the Site by emailing email@example.com, Subject: Arbitration.
- You and the Company agree that we will resolve any claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of or relates to this Agreement or the Site (a “claim”) in accordance with this Section 12, subject to any limitations on liability contained in Section 10. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, for any claim where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000 USD, the party requesting relief may choose to resolve the dispute through binding non-appearance-based arbitration in accordance with the following: (a) the arbitration will be provided through a nationally-recognized alternative dispute resolution provider mutually agreed upon by the parties; (b) the arbitration will be conducted in one or more of the following manners at the option of the party initiating arbitration: telephone, online, or written submissions; (c) the arbitration will not involve any personal appearances by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties; and (d) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- All claims between you and the Company must be resolved in accordance with this Section 12. All claims filed or brought contrary to this Section 12 shall be considered improperly filed.
- Severability, Waiver. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. A provision of this Agreement may be waived only by a written instrument executed by the party entitled to the benefit of such provision. The failure of any party at any time to require performance of any provision of this Agreement shall in no manner affect such party’s right at a later time to enforce the same. A waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions of this Agreement.
- Notices. The Company may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to this Agreement, by email, regular mail or postings on the Site. You must provide notice by email or regular mail using the information in Section 13.
- Survival. Any and all provisions related to or regarding limitation of liability, disclaimers, and indemnification, as well as any other provisions which by their nature are intended to survive expiration or termination of this Agreement, do and hereby survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement or any termination of your use of access to the Site.
- Headings; Construction; Entire Agreement. The heading references herein are for convenience purposes only, do not constitute a part of this Agreement, and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof. The word “including” means “including without limitation.” This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by both you and the Company, or by a change to the Agreement subject to Section 1.1.
- Claims. YOU AND THE COMPANY AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- The Company welcomes your comments or questions regarding these Terms of Service. Please contact us by using the following information:
3205 Deerchase Wynd
Durham, NC 27712